This is the place where true Scouting begins. The original and the best, with the chance to take part in over 200 activities, learning a host of new skills while you’re at it. It’s a great opportunity to have fun and make new friends.
This part of the adventure is for all boys and girls who are aged between 10½ and 14 years old. Garland Scout Troop meets on Monday evenings. If you have any questions, or are thinking of joining, direct them to Barry Stride at email@example.com.
In addition to the main uniform, there are several other items that may enhance your time in Scouting. They are optional and can be bought through Scout Shops while some can also be bought at uniform suppliers.
- The Scouts Activity Log Book is your introduction to life in the troop and the amazing activities you can do.
- There are 3 pocket books which together cover all areas of what Scouts do, giving you hints and tips to help your scouting. They are Book 1: Outdoor and Adventure ‘Going Wild’, Book 2: Skills ‘Doing it All’ and Book 3: World ‘Getting Active’.
- The log book and 3 pocket books can all be bought together as a set at reduced cost.
- For Scouts keen on earning badges, the Scouts Badges and Awards book might be for them.
- There are various other accessories online including camping kit, clothing, badges and more – you can find the range here.
- Activity Badges
- Staged Activity Badges
- Challenge and Chief Scout’s Gold Awards
- Where do badges go on the uniform?
Garland Scout troop has a Facebook group for parents and carers of the Scouts. Click on the Facebook logo to access it.
It is a closed group so you must be on Facebook to see the contents of the group or to join it. It is administered by the Scout leaders. Facebook has an age limit of 13 so no Scouts under this age will be able to join this group.