Our next maintenance day is fast approaching on Saturday 18th November and we need your help!
Maintenance days are one of the ways we keep our HQ looking in top condition, using the help that exists around us in our local community. Last time, back in the summer, we focused on tidying the inside of our HQ; this time, we’re giving our grounds a much needed spruce up.
Our to-do list includes a variety of jobs to suit many different skills:
- Cutting back hedges and raising the tree canopy.
- Sweeping up leaves and other rubbish.
- De-weeding the car park and fixing the patio slabs.
- Tidying up the wood store and the trailer shed.
- Clearing gutters and down pipes of mud and grass.
- Treating the fence.
- Cleaning the windows.
To do this, we need lots of volunteers. Even if you can only help for an hour or so, then it would make a real difference.
We’re also looking for equipment to borrow including garden tools, rakes, gloves, step ladders and rubble sacks. Anything that might be able to help us with the jobs above would be great.
If you have any questions, ask your leader or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll pass it on.